Thursday, August 12, 2010

Almost 7 months since the accident

As many of you know it has been almost 7 months to the day since my car accident and tomorrow (Friday the 13th) is Benson Hoovers sentencing. I am extremely emotional and have been as I try and prepare myself for what his sentence will be. Some how I know it won't seem fair right now, but in the end I just hope his punishment turns out to be what he needs to get his life turned around. I pray that no one else gets hurt by him. My biggest fear is that the next drunk driving incident that I hear about will be him killing someone. I know that I have no control over who drinks and drives but I can speak out and let others know how I feel about it and hope that they make the right decision. I hope that in this case my victims impact statement will help him to understand how his decisions have impacted my families life and help get him the help he needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment